The Project Management Office (PMO) at IRIS provides business management services to support the award and implementation of public funded projects. This includes projects from many different international, national and regional funding schemes. Moreover, the PMO coordinates the proposal development and lead the grant agreement preparation stage.
The expertise of IRIS covers mainly the following R&D areas:
- Optical & Monitoring Technologies: New optical photonics-based technologies and PAT systems for production process optimisation.
- SMAC (Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud): Data mining, IOT and cloud technologies towards Industry of the Future.
- Novel processing: ICT’s as a key enabler for Novel Processing technologies implementation.
- Sustainable Processing: Digitisation in the Circular and Bio-based Economy.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and R&D teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately. Ability to work on their own initiative.
- Responsible for overall coordination, reporting and quality assurance of projects related to any of the R&D Areas, mentioned above.
- To work closely with the European Commission, partner organisations and provide a communication link between all collaborating organisations, stakeholders and end-users.
- To ensure compliance with IRIS procedures concerning the coordination of EU collaborative projects.
- To bring your technical expertise and transversal skills for the proposal management, budget preparation, partner acquisition to secure the funding of projects in the key business lines for the company.
- Master Degree level with a technical engineering or scientific background.
- At least three years of EU project management coordination experience and EU proposal writing.
- Experience and knowledge of EU research funding mechanisms, specifically Horizon 2020 including policy, commercial, financial and sector-based aspects.
- Leadership, creative thinking, willing to work in a team, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Responsibility, flexibility, ability to work under time pressure as well as both in team and independently.
- Fluency in English is a must (both written and spoken), advanced level.
- Willingness to travel
Nice to have
- Experience and understanding of research-intensive environments. . Familiarity with some of the areas of R&D of the company.
- Experience using ICT Tools and keen on digitatisation.
- Experience with other nationally or regionally-funded programs as well as B2B projects
- Proven experience in establishing and managing meaningful and productive partner relationships across boundaries between scientific disciplines, academia and industry.
- Established network of key contacts in research funding organizations including National Contact Points and EU Project Officers and extensive knowledge of EU Funding Programmes and policies.
What we offer
- A unique experience working in an international, dynamic and growing company in Engineering and Science top position on the European Funding Schemes.
- International and highly competitive environment in contact with leading edge technology.
- Multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- 2 years contract + permanent.
- Employment contract and competitive compensation package.
- Flexi-time working hours.
- Fridays afternoon off