The Project Management Office (PMO) at IRIS provides business management services to support the implementation and delivery of Research and Development projects.
The expertise of IRIS covers mainly the following R&D areas:
- Optical & Monitoring Technologies: New optical photonics-based technologies and PAT systems for production process optimisation.
- SMAC (Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud): Data mining, IOT and cloud technologies towards Industry of the Future.
- Novel processing: ICT’s as a key enabler for Novel Processing technologies implementation.
- Sustainable Processing: Digitisation in the Circular and Bio-based Economy.
• Responsible for overall coordination, reporting and quality assurance of projects related to any of the R&D Areas.
- Main person in having the global vision about the project in terms of Contractual duties: Deliverables, Milestones, Reports and expected results linked to IRIS.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and R&D teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately. Ability to work on their own initiative.
- To work closely with the main partner organisations involved and provide a communication link between all collaborating organisations, stakeholders and end-users.
- To ensure compliance with IRIS procedures concerning the management of projects.
- Monitor and control budget expenditure of the whole project during the project execution.
- Master Degree level, with a technical engineering or scientific background, related to some of the R&D Areas above.
- Between 1-3 years of project management experience.
- Leadership, creative thinking, willing to work in a team, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Responsibility, flexibility, ability to work under time pressure as well as both in team and independently.
- Fluency in English is a must (both written and spoken), advanced level.
- Willingness to travel
Nice to have
- Experience and understanding of research-intensive environments. Familiarity with some of the areas of R&D of the company.
- Experience using ICT Tools and keen on digitatisation.
- Proven experience in establishing and managing meaningful and productive partner relationships across boundaries between scientific disciplines, academia and industry.
What we offer
- A unique experience working in an international, dynamic and growing company in Engineering and Science top position at European level.
- International and highly competitive environment in contact with leading edge technology.
- Multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- 2 years contract + permanent.
- Employment contract and competitive compensation package.
- Flexi-time working hours.
- Fridays afternoon off